5 Easy Ways You Can Market Your Small Business
Do you need a few fresh ideas on how to market your small business? There are literally hundreds of ways, but I narrowed it down to the five of easiest. These are all things you can do this week and they won’t cost you a lot of time or money.
When you feel like you’re out of ideas and you want to start fresh, I suggest just ripping the band-aid off and going for it. Don’t overthink the how and the why. Just do.
Five Easy Ways You Can Market Your Small Business Today:
- Use social media: This might seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people email me saying they afraid to use social media! If you own a business in 2017, social media is a must and I promise it’s not scary. I even wrote a whole book about it to help you: Getting Noticed. BOOM!
- Ask for referrals: This is another easy thing to do, but it can be scary at first. If you’re not in the habit already, you should be asking for referrals. Don’t be afraid to tell a great customer that you’d love to help their friends and family too. They already know what great service you’re giving them, so it’s natural for them to send people to you.
- Send notes or small gifts to customers: Don’t forget the people who have bought from you in the past. A note or small gift to let them know you’re thinking about them puts you on their radar again!
- Give a discount or run a promotion: You can reach both old and new customers this way. Everyone loves an incentive to buy. I would caution not to do this often because if something is always on sale, it doesn’t appear very valuable.
- Comment on social media: Interacting with others is a great way to get noticed online and it’s super easy to do. Just set aside a little time every day and get to liking and commenting!
Which do want to work on right now?